What Are Child Eye Diseases?
Some children can be born with eye diseases or develop them early in life. They include:
- White Pupil
- Lump, Swelling or drooping of the eyelid
- Large Cornea
- Tearing, Discharge or Redness
- Eyes turn inward or outward
- Rapid Eye Movement - "Dancing Eyes"
- Child Tilts Their Head - Double Vision
- Mis-shaped Iris
- Unequal Pupils
Treatment for Child Eye Diseases
Treatment options for child eye diseases run the gamut. Most common diseases can be treated non-surgically using a variety of ocular therapy techniques such as eye patching, vision strengthening and eye drop treatments. Some diseases require immediate surgical care.